Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Since We're Making Up Quotes for Media Figures...


Since the no-holds-barred leftists are willing to make up Rush Limbaugh quotes from whole cloth...

...The newest basis for the assertion that Limbaugh is an eeeeeevil racist is as follows, according to Whitlock:

Here are two quotes attributed to Limbaugh in a 2006 book, “101 People Who Are Really Screwing America,” by Jack Huberman.


• “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray (Dr. King’s assassin). We miss you, James. Godspeed.”


• “Let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: Slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

The first of these quotes has already been debunked most thoroughly, long before Rush’s bid to buy the Rams. It is self-evidently the complete fabrication of someone with a wiki account, which was then picked up by the unscrupulous Huberman and reported as fact (with no citations at all) in his book. The other, also attributed to Huberman, has never been sourced, and Huberman has never cited any original article, or even given any indication as to when this alleged statement was made...

I always find it fascinating that Limbaugh, who helped expose black libertarian/conservative academicians Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams to a huge new audience through their repeated guest-host slots during Rush’s frequent Carson-esque days off, is smeared as a racist.

Well, now that this sort of fabrication is in vogue, I've got several quotes from media pundits that I'd like to make you aware of.

Chris Matthews: "...I've often fantasized about Janet Reno, dressed in a corset and lace stockings, using a riding crop on me. That sends a thrill up my flanks."

Maureen Dowd: "Anothersh Tanq-and-tonic, shweety? *hic*"

Keith Olbermann: "Yes, it's true that I've been both the subject and the object of a unique device known to some as a 'strap-on'."

Brian Williams: "Bounce and sheen, not just volume, are the key to an anchorman's hair. Believe me when I tell you this -- I'm deadly serious, here."

Charlie Gibson: "You really can see Russia from Alaska? What the f***? I'm sick of these f***ing embarrassments -- someone's getting fired!"

It's truly shocking that these made-up quotes haven't gotten more attention from the press.


No comments: