Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Revenge of the angry journalists

 
You can't tell if any of the anonymous complainers are Mary Mapes or Dan Rather, but it wouldn't come as much of a surprise. AngryJournalist.com appears to the hub of staff discontent with the old school journalism industry.

Among the less fiery comments:

Who the hell told newspapers they were a prestigious place to work, or that good people would stick around for crap pay and crap schedules?


...I went $50,000 in debt for a degree in Journalism to discover that nobody is hiring, and my internships and experience no longer matter.

...I edited my college newspaper and was excited about a career in journalism. I got a job at a small daily in the middle of Nowhere, Ohio. The pay was low, the hours were long, and no matter how good my copy was, my editors would chastise me for not knowing about something that the competing paper knew about. As exciting as the newsroom atmosphere was, I got tired of being driven like a slave for $22,000 a year... I left the grind of daily journalism and got a law degree from Georgetown. I’m much happier now, and the pay is much better!

Caution if you visit: harsh language warning.

No comments: